The Face-off Factory family is excited to announce the dates for our 2021 Best of the West Overnight Camp located in Las Vegas, NV (December 27th-29th, 2021).
*CAMP IS OPEN TO PLAYERS OF ALL SKILL LEVELS AND AGES!
- Joe Nardella (PLL Whipsnakes/Albany Firewolves)
- TD Ierlan (PLL Redwoods/Yale University)
- Gerard Arceri (PLL Atlas/Penn State Univ)
- Michael Marino (Colorado Mesa Univ/Concordia Univ FO Coach)
- Zach Cole (Current St. Joes Faceoff Specialist/All-American)
-Nick Rowlett (Current University of Michigan Faceoff Specialist)
-Brad Nardella (Arcadia University Faceoff Coach/Former VMI Standout)
Faceoff Factory Best of the West Camp Schedule
- 1:45PM-2:50PM Check-in at Faith Lutheran HS
- Evening Session (3PM-7PM)
- Dinner (7:30PM Provided)
- Mental Skills Session (8:00PM)
- Shuttle Back/Rooms Distributed (8:30PM)
- 10:00PM Lights Out
- Wake Up/Breakfast (not provided)
- Shuttle To Field (9:30AM)
- 10:00AM-12:00PM Morning Session
- 12:30PM-1:30PM Film/Lunch (provided in Faith Lutheran cafeteria)
- 2:00PM-4:00PM Afternoon Session
- 4:30pm-5:30pm Dinner/Recruiting Talk/Q&A
- 6:00PM-8:00PM Evening Session (Team Competition)
- Shuttle Back/Shower
- 10:00PM Lights Out
- Wake Up/Breakfast (Not Provided)
- Check-Out (9:30AM)
- Shuttle To field (9:45AM)
- 10:00AM-1:00PM Individual Competition and Closing Remarks
- END OF CAMP
*We will designate a spot in hotel to leave items to pick up after final session. Parents with Player + Parents room will need to check out before 12PM.
*Players will receive Faceoff Factory Best Of The West Apparel!
Faith Lutheran Middle School & High School
2015 S Hualapai Way, Las Vegas, NV 89117
This is our third year of our West-based Overnight Camp. This is only 1 of 2 overnight camps we offer, allowing us to provide our students with the most rigorous and in-depth program offered. Students will not only be schooled on all aspects of the faceoff position from a technical standpoint, we will spend a significant amount of time competing and working on improving their confidence as well. We are intentionally overstaffed on the coaching front in an effort to maximize our time and accommodate all age/skill/experience levels.
Although the face-off concludes within seconds, it is one of the most imperative aspects of game. This overnight event will allow the coaches to teach, correct, and improve the player's mind and techniques surrounding the face-off position. Students will be taught several techniques, counters, and skills associated with the face-off position through repetition on the field. Students will also be taught how to analyze and dissect all face-off situations through our evening film study sessions. Film study has become a core element of our coaching philosophy. We will be watching film from various professional and college games to reinforce our teaching and to reinforce our philosophy that each face-off student is unique in their own regard.
In part with high-level competition amongst elite players from across the country, the most valuable tool will be the player's accessibility to the coaches. Face-off Factory's signature competition will take place on the final day of camp. Players will be placed in brackets and seeded based on their ages and performance during competition throughout our preliminary days of camp. The tournament will be double elimination style to determine our Face-off Factory National Overnight Champions.
Players will be filmed and evaluated throughout the day. The players will work together, in small groups based upon age, skill, and request, through stations to ensure the right level of instruction and supervision. The training days will focus on building the complete face-off midfielder, including techniques, strategy, ground balls, alternative moves and counters, and film study.
- Book flights to LAS (16 miles from airport to hotel, 7 miles to Faith Lutheran)
- We WILL be providing transportation for players only between hotel and field.
- We WILL be providing transportation to and from airport for anyone under 16 years of age.
- ZERO TOLERANCE policy. Players will be asked to leave camp with no refund in the event of a behavioral issue.
- Dinner/Lunch will be provided on Days 1 and 2.
- Due to logistical costs with bringing our staff out west, there will be no refunds for this event. If you are not able to attend camp you will be issued a credit that can be used at any Faceoff Factory event.
- We will have an additional staff room for those who need to shower before heading to airport after conclusion of camp.
- HOTEL AMENITIES: Bowling alley, pool, movie theater.
- Restaurants in Hotel - Subway, Bagel Corner, Java Vegas
- Casual - Du-pars (open 24x7) for example BREAKFAST - all you can eat pancakes for $6.99; most for under $10 full breakfast; dinners. Under $20
Suncoast Hotel and Casino
9090 Alta Dr, Las Vegas, NV 89145
This event is limited to 150 players.
If you have any questions, please email or contact James Angelicola (Director of Operations) at email@example.com
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheFaceOffFactory
Follow us on twitter: @FaceoffFactory
Follow us on Instagram: @Faceofffactory
Suncoast Hotel & Casino is located in the premier northwest area of Las Vegas. The property offers exclusive restaurants, fun gaming, deluxe accommodations, bowling, movie theaters, bingo and much more. It is "Las Vegas as it used to be" in the Suncoast's beautiful 500-seat showroom, a throwback to the showrooms of splendor that made Las Vegas famous.