Dear Players, Parents & Coaches;
We are pleased to announce that we will be hosting a Face-Off Development Day in Naperville, IL. The clinic will take place at Naperville Yard on April 18th from 11:00AM-1:00PM.
Face-off training will be led by Coach Chris May. Coach May was drafted in the 2016 MLL Supplemental Draft by the Denver Outlaws & faced-off for the Atlanta Blaze that season. Coach May attended Georgetown University from 2010 - 2014, and was a 4-year member of Men's Lacrosse team. Coach May also attended The Ohio State University 2014 - 2016 for graduate school, also a member of Men's Lacrosse team in 2015 that made it to the NCAA Quarterfinals. While playing at Ohio State: Honorable Mention All-Big Ten; 4x Big Ten Specialist of the Week; USILA Scholar All-American; USILA North-South All-Star Game participant; Ohio State Scholar Athlete; ranked top 11 in NCAA for face-off win percentage (2015); ranked top 7 in NCAA for ground balls per game (2015); 133 ground balls in 2015 are most by Ohio State player since at least 1999 (previous high in that span was 75). Coach Chris May is one of our most vocal coaches and current former FO Specialist for the Atlanta Blaze.
COVID-19 SAFETY GUIDELINES:
- No Spectators.
- Please wear a mask. Even while training, we want to protect you and the coaches.
- All players must bring their own water bottle to fill. No sharing drinks.
- Coaches will practice social distancing as much as possible during on field sessions.
- Players should refrain from touching any lacrosse ball with their hands at any time on the field. Sticks must be utilized to move or pick up the ball in all situations.
Our FOF Development Day includes:
- FOF warmup that couples fundamental faceoff skills with anticipation tactics, focus work, and competitive based hand speed exercises.
- Training will consist of a heavy focus on fundamental efficiency of clamping the ball, refining technical aspects of the faceoff following our clamp, advanced moves/strategies at the X, counter moves, proper footwork/body positioning, and discussions on wing play.
- Drilling will be competition based and take place in small groups (sorted by age and ability).
- Live repetition in the form of pre-tournament seeding signature and a double elimination competition. We will be filming the players during their live competition reps. Players will be able to view both instruction from the session and their live repetition on our youtube channel. Youtube.com/FaceoffFactory
Why Faceoff Factory?
At Faceoff Factory, our main focus is to ensure that each of our students leave having learned someone and enjoyed their time with us. Over the course of 5 years, we have studied, tested, and developed the best possible curriculum to ensure we are preparing each and every student for success at the x. Our training has proven to establish proper fundamentals faceoff technique that will ensure immediate and prolonged success at the faceoff position.
Cost: $75.00 (LIMITED TO 50)
1607 Legacy Cir
Naperville, IL 60563
*THIS CLINIC IS FOR ALL AGES.
Please direct any questions to James Angelicola (Director of Operations) at 315-256-6106 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks and best regards,