Dear Players, Parents & Coaches;
We are pleased to announce that we will be hosting a Face-Off Development Day in Knoxville, TN. The clinic will take place at Catholic Memorial HS on March 7th from 7:30-9:00PM.
Face-off training will be led by Coach Joe Nardella. Nardella is the current Faceoff Specialist for the PLL Whipsnakes and Defender for the New England Blackwolves. Joe has established himself as the top Faceoff Athlete in the world. Nardella is a 2X PLL Champion and lead all Faceoff Athletes in every category at the Faceoff Stripe in the 2020 PLL Championship Series. Joe finished with an outstanding 74% at the X, this was 10% higher than the next Faceoff Athlete. In the 2019 season, Joe finished top 2 in every category and #1 in ground balls. Coach Nardella was a standout at Rutgers University where he was named an All-American, an Academic All-American, Big Ten Specialist of the Year, 3x All Conference, and ranked top 5 in the nation in FO win % 3 years in a row. Coach Nardella is also 2X MLL All-Star and Team USA Lacrosse member. Lastly, Joe notched 5 years of collegiate coaching experience serving as an Assistant at Harvard University and The University of Massachusetts-Boston.
COVID-19 SAFETY GUIDELINES:
- No Spectators.
- Please wear a mask. Even while training, we want to protect you and the coaches.
- All players must bring their own water bottle to fill. No sharing drinks.
- Coaches will practice social distancing as much as possible during on field sessions.
- Players should refrain from touching any lacrosse ball with their hands at any time on the field. Sticks must be utilized to move or pick up the ball in all situations.
Our FOF Development Day includes:
- FOF warmup that couples fundamental faceoff skills with anticipation tactics, focus work, and competitive based hand speed exercises.
- Training will consist of a heavy focus on fundamental efficiency of clamping the ball, refining technical aspects of the faceoff following our clamp, advanced moves/strategies at the X, counter moves, proper footwork/body positioning, and discussions on wing play.
- Drilling will be competition based and take place in small groups (sorted by age and ability).
- Live repetition in the form of pre-tournament seeding signature and a double elimination competition. We will be filming the players during their live competition reps. Players will be able to view both instruction from the session and their live repetition on our youtube channel. Youtube.com/FaceoffFactory
Why Faceoff Factory?
At Faceoff Factory, our main focus is to ensure that each of our students leave having learned someone and enjoyed their time with us. Over the course of 5 years, we have studied, tested, and developed the best possible curriculum to ensure we are preparing each and every student for success at the x. Our training has proven to establish proper fundamentals faceoff technique that will ensure immediate and prolonged success at the faceoff position.
Address: Catholic Memorial HS Turf
9245 Fox Lonas Rd NW
Knoxville, TN 37923
*THIS CLINIC IS FOR ALL AGES.
Please direct any questions to James Angelicola (Director of Operations) at 315-256-6106 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks and best regards,