Dear Players, Parents & Coaches;
We are pleased to announce that we will be hosting a Face-Off Development Day in Hookset, NH at the BRAND NEW SPORTSDOME! The clinic will take place on May 16h from 12:00PM-2:00PM.
Face-off training will be led by Coaches Noah Rak and Casey Dowd. Coach Rak was the Hounds' 30th overall pick in the 2018 MLL Collegiate Draft. A product of UMass-Amherst, Coach Rak ranked second in the CAA and 15th in the nation with a 59.3 face off win percentage. His 506 career wins and 278 ground balls are a UMass record. He was also named NEILA All-Region First Team and All-CAA First Team. In his first professional season, Coach Rak took a total of 170 faceoffs while starting several games and accumulating 31 career ground balls. Coach Rak currently serves as the Connecticut Hammerheads Faceoff Specialist. In the 2020 MLL Shortened season, Rak finished with an outstanding 58.6% while notching 2 goals and picking up 18 ground balls. Noah is also a current Assistant Coach with the UMass-Amherst Minutemen.
Coach Casey Dowd. Coach Dowd is a 5-year MLL vet who has played on 4 different professional teams. Coach Dowd is in his 5th season at NESCAC Colby College in Maine. Casey was a 4-year starter at Siena College where he is the all-time leader in ground balls and faceoff wins. He ranks 6th all-time in both categories and was the 2014 MAAC Specialist of the year.
COVID-19 SAFETY GUIDELINES:
- No Spectators.
- Please wear a mask. Even while training, we want to protect you and the coaches.
- All players must bring their own water bottle to fill. No sharing drinks.
- Coaches will practice social distancing as much as possible during on field sessions.
- Players should refrain from touching any lacrosse ball with their hands at any time on the field. Sticks must be utilized to move or pick up the ball in all situations.
Our FOF Development Day includes:
- FOF warmup that couples fundamental faceoff skills with anticipation tactics, focus work, and competitive based hand speed exercises.
- Training will consist of a heavy focus on fundamental efficiency of clamping the ball, refining technical aspects of the faceoff following our clamp, advanced moves/strategies at the X, counter moves, proper footwork/body positioning, and discussions on wing play.
- Drilling will be competition based and take place in small groups (sorted by age and ability).
- Live repetition in the form of pre-tournament seeding signature and a double elimination competition. We will be filming the players during their live competition reps. Players will be able to view both instruction from the session and their live repetition on our youtube channel. Youtube.com/FaceoffFactory
Why Faceoff Factory?
At Faceoff Factory, our main focus is to ensure that each of our students leave having learned someone and enjoyed their time with us. Over the course of 5 years, we have studied, tested, and developed the best possible curriculum to ensure we are preparing each and every student for success at the x. Our training has proven to establish proper fundamentals faceoff technique that will ensure immediate and prolonged success at the faceoff position.
11 Benton Rd
Hooksett, NH 03106
*THIS CLINIC IS FOR ALL AGES.
Please direct any questions to James Angelicola (Director of Operations) at 315-256-6106 or email@example.com
Thanks and best regards,