Dear Players, Parents and Coaches;
Faceoff Factory will be holding group training sessions every other Wednesday at Village Sports in Fairport, NY. This program is open to students with the desire to thrive at the X. Our focus is always aimed at teaching and reinforcing the proper fundamentals so we can progress towards implementing advanced techniques, strategy, and situational awareness that is crucial to succeed at the position. Over the course of 5 years, we have studied, tested, and evolved our program to ensure both immediate and prolonged incremental improvement. Players will typically be filmed during our sessions and can access both the instruction and live repetitions from our sessions on our YouTube channel (youtube.com/FaceoffFactory).
Face-off training will be led by Coach Drew Simoneau. Drew is the current Faceoff Specialist for the PLL Waterdogs in the Premiere Lacrosse League. Simoneau was a four-year lettermen with the Nazareth College Golden Flyers while also being named a 3X ALL-American. During Simoneau's 2016 professional Career for the Rochester Rattlers, he appeared in 13 games, scoring 3 goals, picking up 96 ground balls and was .548 on face-offs. In his 2017 with Dallas, Simoneau appeared in 13 games marking 4 goals, 2 assists, 117 ground balls, and was .579 at the X while being named an MLL ALL-Star. 2018 Simoneau was 55% at the X and 62% during the playoffs with an impressive total of 275/490. In the 2019 PLL season Simoneau registered 5 GP, 28/64 (43/7%),13 GB's and 2 points, 1(G), 1(A). In the 2020 season he boasted an impressive 5 GP, 29-53 (55%), 11 GB's, 2 points, 2(G) and 1 CTO.
COVID-19 SAFETY GUIDELINES:
- No Spectators.
- Please wear a mask. Even while training, we want to protect you and the coaches.
- All players must bring their own water bottle to fill. No sharing drinks.
- Coaches will practice social distancing as much as possible during on field sessions.
- Players should refrain from touching any lacrosse ball with their hands at any time on the field. Sticks must be utilized to move or pick up the ball in all situations.
Sessions will run from 7:00-8:00PM.
*2/3 will run from 8-9PM.
Our FOF Development Day includes:
- FOF warmup that couples fundamental faceoff skills with anticipation tactics, focus work, and competitive based hand speed exercises.
- Training will consist of a heavy focus on fundamental efficiency of clamping the ball, refining technical aspects of the faceoff following our clamp, advanced moves/strategies at the X, counter moves, proper footwork/body positioning, and discussions on wing play.
- Drilling will be competition based and take place in small groups (sorted by age and ability).
- Live repetition in the form of pre-tournament seeding signature and a double elimination competition. We will be filming the players during their live competition reps. Players will be able to view both instruction from the session and their live repetition on our youtube channel. Youtube.com/FaceoffFactory
Why Faceoff Factory?
At Faceoff Factory, our main focus is to ensure that each of our students leave having learned someone and enjoyed their time with us. Over the course of 5 years, we have studied, tested, and developed the best possible curriculum to ensure we are preparing each and every student for success at the x. Our training has proven to establish proper fundamentals faceoff technique that will ensure immediate and prolonged success at the faceoff position.
Cost: $50/session or $200/5 sessions
*THIS CLINIC IS FOR ALL AGES.
Please direct any questions to James Angelicola (Director of Operations) at 315-256-6106 or email@example.com
Thanks and best regards,