Dear Players, Parents & Coaches;
We are pleased to announce that we will be hosting a Face-Off Development Day in Tampa, FL. The clinic will take place at D1 Training on February 28th from 2:00PM-4:00PM.
Face-off training will be led by Coach Kevin Reisman. Reisman was a captain, 4x All-American, 2x National Champion, and shattered almost every Division 2 Faceoff record. Following his senior season at Limestone, Reisman was named the USILA/Nike Lt. Raymond J. Enners Award winner as the Most Outstanding Division II Men's Lacrosse Player for the second consecutive year. He also picked up his fourth All-American honor after leading the nation in faceoff winning percentage (.744) for a third straight season. He was a two-time Tewaaraton Watch List honoree, the only DII player to make the list in 2017, and was named the DII National Championship Game Most Outstanding Player after winning 17-of-24 face-offs with 14 groundballs and an assist in an 11-9 win over No. 4 Merrimack. Reisman holds the NCAA Division II single season record for faceoff winning percentage (.748 in 2016), the NCAA DII single season record for ground balls per game (11.45 in 2016), and the DII record for fastest goal to start a game (:05 vs. North Greenville 3/23/16). For his career, Reisman won more than 1,300 face-offs, posted a .735 face-off winning percentage, and picked up more than 900 ground balls. Reisman was selected 44th overall in the 2017 MLL drafted. This started an impressive professional career. In 2019, Reisman was named an MLL All-Star for the Boston Cannons. In 2020 Reisman was the starting faceoff specialist for the Cannons that led them to become 2020 MLL Champions. He also has coached college lacrosse at Cornell University for 2 seasons and the University of Tampa for 1. He currently resides as an Assistant Coach With the Limestone Saints. To see all of Coach Reisman's accolades, please see here: Kevin Reisman Accolades.
COVID-19 SAFETY GUIDELINES:
- No Spectators.
- Please wear a mask. Even while training, we want to protect you and the coaches.
- All players must bring their own water bottle to fill. No sharing drinks.
- Coaches will practice social distancing as much as possible during on field sessions.
- Players should refrain from touching any lacrosse ball with their hands at any time on the field. Sticks must be utilized to move or pick up the ball in all situations.
Our FOF Development Day includes:
- FOF warmup that couples fundamental faceoff skills with anticipation tactics, focus work, and competitive based hand speed exercises.
- Training will consist of a heavy focus on fundamental efficiency of clamping the ball, refining technical aspects of the faceoff following our clamp, advanced moves/strategies at the X, counter moves, proper footwork/body positioning, and discussions on wing play.
- Drilling will be competition based and take place in small groups (sorted by age and ability).
- Live repetition in the form of pre-tournament seeding signature and a double elimination competition. We will be filming the players during their live competition reps. Players will be able to view both instruction from the session and their live repetition on our youtube channel. Youtube.com/FaceoffFactory
Why Faceoff Factory?
At Faceoff Factory, our main focus is to ensure that each of our students leave having learned someone and enjoyed their time with us. Over the course of 5 years, we have studied, tested, and developed the best possible curriculum to ensure we are preparing each and every student for success at the x. Our training has proven to establish proper fundamentals faceoff technique that will ensure immediate and prolonged success at the faceoff position.
Please direct any questions to James Angelicola (Director of Operations) at 315-256-6106 or email@example.com
Thanks and best regards,