THIS EVENT WILL INCLUDE A SPECIAL GUEST APPEARANCE!
Dear Players, Parents & Coaches;
We are pleased to announce that we will be hosting a Face-Off Development Day in Rochester, NY. The clinic will take place at the Regional Sports Center NY on November 28th from 3:30PM-5:30PM.
Face-off training will be led by Coach Connor Russell. Coach Russell was a 4 Year Letterman with the University of Albany Great Danes (2013-2017). During his collegiate career Russell was named a 3x America East Champion and 4x NCAA Tournament Participant. In 2016 Russell played in seven games, going 9-for-29 on faceoffs with four ground balls. Won four faceoffs out of 10 in road victory at UMass (3/8). 3-for-6 on faceoffs with a ground ball in 12-8 win vs. Binghamton (4/16). 2015: Won 52.8% (102-193) of faceoffs in first eight games of the year, grabbing 57 ground balls. Won 14-26 faceoffs (53.8%) with six ground balls in season-opening victory at Drexel (2/21). Career-high 14 ground balls, a caused turnover, an assist and 16-26 on faceoffs (61.5%) in road win over Canisius (3/17). Won 24 of 42 faceoffs (57.1%) with 13 ground balls in win at Harvard (3/25). Won all five faceoff attempts in last game played vs. UMass Lowell (3/28). 2014: Primary faceoff specialist for UAlbany, playing in 15 games with eight starts. Took 282 faceoffs, winning 131 and grabbing 68 ground balls. Four 10-ground balls games, including vs. Vermont (3/29), winning 18 of 28 faceoffs, and at Hartford (4/6), going 16-28 on faceoffs. High School: Four-year varsity letterwinner in lacrosse, football and hockey at Penfield HS. 2012 High School All-American. All-county honors all four seasons. All-Greater Rochester honors in 2011 and 2012. Led Penfield to the Section V Class A championship in 2013. Team captain in lacrosse as a senior, captaining hockey team as a junior and senior. 70% faceoff success rate and 140 ground balls as a senior. Finishing career with a 70% faceoff success rate, 620 ground balls and 30 goals. Coaching Experience: Coaching Staff member University at Albany. Coaching Staff member SUNY Geneseo. Current Coaching Staff member College of Saint Rose
COVID-19 SAFETY GUIDELINES:
- No Spectators.
- Please wear a mask. Even while training, we want to protect you and the coaches.
- All players must bring their own water bottle to fill. No sharing drinks.
- Coaches will practice social distancing as much as possible during on field sessions.
- Players should refrain from touching any lacrosse ball with their hands at any time on the field. Sticks must be utilized to move or pick up the ball in all situations.
Our FOF Development Day includes:
- FOF warmup that couples fundamental faceoff skills with anticipation tactics, focus work, and competitive based hand speed exercises.
- Training will consist of a heavy focus on fundamental efficiency of clamping the ball, refining technical aspects of the faceoff following our clamp, advanced moves/strategies at the X, counter moves, proper footwork/body positioning, and discussions on wing play.
- Drilling will be competition based and take place in small groups (sorted by age and ability).
- Live repetition in the form of pre-tournament seeding signature and a double elimination competition. We will be filming the players during their live competition reps. Players will be able to view both instruction from the session and their live repetition on our youtube channel. Youtube.com/FaceoffFactory
FOF All-Access: The goal of All-Access is offer students a more in depth learning experience. We strive to challenge students to master core fundamentals, advanced moves and techniques, tie-up strategy, and situational IQ. All-Access will take place 1 hour after the Development Day with Coach Nardella. All-Access will be limited to 15 players and will feature small competition-based drills, immediate film analysis, and live repetition with our staff.
Why Faceoff Factory?
At Faceoff Factory, our main focus is to ensure that each of our students leave having learned someone and enjoyed their time with us. Over the course of 5 years, we have studied, tested, and developed the best possible curriculum to ensure we are preparing each and every student for success at the x. Our training has proven to establish proper fundamentals faceoff technique that will ensure immediate and prolonged success at the faceoff position.
Rochester, NY 14623
*THIS CLINIC IS FOR ALL AGES.
Please direct any questions to James Angelicola (Director of Operations) at 315-256-6106 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks and best regards,